With my hesitant admission that my hair is greasy as shit right now in between no ‘poo washes, I had to figure out a way to still have manageable hair in the mean time. Dry shampoo was an idea I remember from my party good-time days because as a party girl in college, you had to figure out clever ways to forgo showers but still have fabulous hair. Just me? Well, either way, I know dry shampoos soak up your hair grease to liven it up until the next wash. I used something natural and was available in my cupboard to soak up my hair grease. The best part (other than cheap and close to free) was that it actually freaking worked! I had all I needed in my home, including an unused makeup brush from my bareMinerals drawer. I applied this through styled hair but if this is before you style, just use a comb to comb it through and then style.
What you’ll need:
- 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon of unsweetened cocoa powder (for dark hair) or baking soda (for light hair)
- an old makeup brush
- Mix two ingredients together, adding a few drops of your favorite essential oil (optional) in a reusable container.
- Shake container or stir together gently and dip a makeup brush into mixture.
- Tap off excess and apply to greasy hair at the roots.
- Shake out excess powder with your fingers so you it doesn’t look like gray roots (see below).